Generate MSI Plessey Barcode Image in ASP.NET
ASP.NET MSI Plessey Barcode Image Generation Guide
- A Barcode Generator DLL for ASP.NET entirely designed in the managed Visual C-sharp
- Support MSI Plessey barcode image generation in .NET web applications
- Easy to generate standard MSI Plessey 1d barcode in ASP.NET with C# class
- Simple to generate standard MSI Plessey 1d barcode in ASP.NET with VB class
- Save MSI Plessey barcode image into Jpeg, Gif, Png, Bmp & Tiff format files
- A reputated 1D & 2D Barcode Generation Library used by ASP.NET developers from 2003
Common Features of ASP.NET MSI Plessey Barcode
MSI (also known as Modified Plessey) is a barcode symbology developed by the MSI Data Corporation, based on the original Plessey Code symbology. It is a continuous symbology that is not self-checking.
The MSI character set consists of the numbers 0 to 9 as well as two âguardâ characters. Each digit and guard character is represented by a binary number.
MSI is used for inventory control, marking storage containers and shelves in warehouse environments.
How to Generate MSI Plessey Barcode Image in IIS
Refer to the following steps to generate MSI Plessey barcode image in IIS.
- Download and unzip the free ASP.NET MSI Barcode Control trial package.
- Open the unzipped package and copy "barcode" folder to your IIS folder.
- Create a new virtual directory (named as barcode) in your IIS.
- Link the virtual directory to the above "barcode" folder.
- Restart your IIS and navigate to:
How to Generate MSI Plessey Barcode Using ASP.NET Web Control
You can drag and drop MSI Plessey barcode controller to your ASP.NET web project as below.
- Open your Visual Studio and add "BarcodeLib.Barcode.ASP.NET.dll" to the Toolbox.
- Copy "linear.aspx" and "linear.aspx.cs" to your project folder.
- Drag and drop "LinearASPNET" to your Visual ASP.NET project.
- Select MSI Plessey in "Type" item under "Properties" window.
- Change remained settings of MSI Plessey barcode image through the "Properties" window.
- Debug it to see the generated MSI Plessey barcode image.
How to Generate MSI Plessey Barcode in ASP.NET Using C# and VB
- Add BarcodeLib.Barcode.ASP.NET.dll to your ASP.NET project reference.
- Input the following sample codes.
C# sample codes for MSI Plessey barcode generation in web applications
BarcodeLib.Barcode.Linear msi = new BarcodeLib.Barcode.Linear();
msi.Type = BarcodeType.MSI;
msi.Data = "18742164251";
msi.UOM = UnitOfMeasure.PIXEL;
msi.BarWidth = 1;
msi.BarHeight = 80;
msi.ImageWidth = 160;
msi.ImageHeight = 100;
msi.ImageFormat = System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg;
// Save MSI barcode image into your system
VB sample codes for MSI Plessey barcode generation in web applications
Dim msi As New BarcodeLib.Barcode.Linear()
msi.Type = BarcodeType.MSI
msi.Data = "18742164251"
msi.UOM = UnitOfMeasure.PIXEL
msi.BarWidth = 1
msi.BarHeight = 80
msi.ImageWidth = 160
msi.ImageHeight = 100
msi.ImageFormat = System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg
' Save MSI barcode image into your system
Other ASP.NET Barcode Types
Support Linear Barcodes:
Support Matrix Barcodes:
1D Barcodes Types: Codabar
Code 2 of 5
Interleaved 2 of 5
ITF14 (UPC Shipping Container Symbol)
RM4SCC (British Royal Mail 4-State Customer Barcode)
2D Barcodes Types: Data Matrix
Other Related Barcode Generation Articles
ASP.NET C# & VB.NET Barcode Generation Guide
ASP.NET barcode image generation tutorial: