VB.NET EAN-13 Barcode Scanner & Reader Library
How to Read & decode EAN-13 Barcode Using Free Sample VB.NET Programming Code
- An easy-to-use EAN-13 .net barcode reader, compatible with both VB.NET & C# class
- Professional EAN-13 decoding dll with high reading speed in VB.NET applications
- Can be customized to scan EAN-13 in a specific area using free VB.NET code
- Decode EAN-13 barcode images in VB.NET class & VB ASP.NET web applications
- Able to read & output over 20 linear & 2D barcode types using VB.NET library
- Royalty-free VB.NET Barcode Reader Library Server License for .NET Programmers
Guide to Embed VB.NET EAN 13 Bar Coding Reader SDK into VS
- Download & unzip the free trial package and find "BarcodeLib.BarcodeReader.dll". Then click "Add Reference..." in the Solution Explorer and add above reader dll to your project reference.
Guide to Scan EAN 13 Barcode Images Using VB.NET Class Programming
Use one-line VB.NET programming code, you can read & encode all EAN13 barcode images from an image source called "ean13-vbnet.gif".
Dim datas() As String = BarcodeReader.read("c:/ean13-vbnet.gif", BarcodeReader.EAN13)
Guide to Customize EAN-13 Barcode Encoding SDK Using VB.NET Code
If you meet the below situations, you could actually optimize the scanning effects by activating some special features of VB.NET EAN-13 Barcode Encoding SDK.
1. Need to read a maximum EAN-13 barcode
- When you are under such a condition, you just need to set maxOneBarcodePerPage to true. Then, our EAN13 barcode scanner will stop reading once it detects one barcode.
- If you set maxOneBarcodePerPage to false, our reader will use total 5 algorithms and each will read the whole source file from 4 directions.
2. Need to decode EAN13 barcodes which are concentrated in one certain area of the image file
When you are under such a condition, you could command the barcode reader to scan in a specific area by axis-positioning.
- Please note the point X, Y values are expressed in percentage of the whole image, so image most left top point is (0%, 0%), and most right bottom point is (100%, 100%).
The following free VB.NET codes are used to direct scanner to read the top 20% and bottom 20% area of the image.
Dim setting As OptimizeSetting = New OptimizeSetting()
Dim top20 As ScanArea = New ScanArea(New Drawing.PointF(0.0F, 0.0F), New Drawing.PointF(100.0F, 20.0F))
Dim bottom20 As ScanArea = New ScanArea(New Drawing.PointF(0.0F, 80.0F), New Drawing.PointF(100.0F, 100.0F))
Dim areas As List(Of ScanArea) = New List(Of ScanArea)
Dim datas() As String = BarcodeReader.read("c:/ean13-vbnet.gif", BarcodeReader.EAN13, setting)
How to Use Free VB.NET Code to Scan Other Linear & 2D Barcodes
Decode VB 1D Barcodes:
Decode VB 2D Barcodes:
EAN-13 Linear Barcode Reader SDKs for Other .NET Projects
The following links are connected to other .NET applications using EAN-13 decoding SDKs: